Today I am going to show How to Install IIS on Windows 7 IIS 7.0 is included
with Windows 7. However, when you first install Windows 7, by default IIS 7.0 is
not installed or enabled. This topic describes how to install IIS and configure
it so that in Visual Studio you can create local IIS ASP.NET Web sites. This enables
you to use a local copy of IIS to run and debug the Web site instead of using the
ASP.NET Development Server. When you create a local IIS Web site, the pages and
folders for the site are stored in a folder under the default IIS folder for Web
sites. This is located at LocalDrive:\Inetpub\wwwroot. Visual Studio creates the
appropriate IIS configuration so that the Web site is recognized by IIS as an application.
You can also create a virtual directory. In that case, the files for the Web site
can be in any folder on the Web server computer. Now start installing IIS on your
Windows7. Steps are –
- In , open Control Panel and then click Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or off.
Note If Control Panel is set to display in Classic view, click Programs and Features,
and in then in the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- The Windows Features dialog box is displayed.Expand Internet Information Services.
- Expand Web Management Tools, expand IIS 6 Management Compatibility, and then select the IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility check box.
- Expand World Wide Web Services, expand Application Development Features, and then select the ASP.NET check box.
The options that are required for Web application development will automatically
- Expand World Wide Web Services, expand Security, and then select the Windows Authentication check box. To enable Visual Studio to debug applications, you must configure IIS 7.0 with the Windows Authentication module. By default, the module is not configured as part of IIS.
- Expand the World Wide Services, expand the Common HTTP Features then check the Static Content.
- Click OK to start the IIS and ASP.NET installation process.
- When the configuration process finishes, close Control Panel.
- After clicking OK button it will take some time to install IIS and others features on your computer. After doing this you need to be sure that every thing is OK! for this open your browser and navigate to http://localhost. If you can see the following page then every thing is OK.